You can apply for assistance under the WaterSure scheme if:
1 Your supply is metered and;
2 The person who pays the water bill or someone else in your household receives one of the following benefits (as subject to prevailing legislation):
• Housing Benefit
• Income related Employment and Support Allowance, or Income Support
• Income Based Job Seeker’s Allowance
• The Working Tax Credit
• The Child Tax Credit (except families in receipt of the family element only)
• Pension Credit
3 There are either:
a) three or more children under the age of 19 living in the household for whom the person receiving the above benefit also claims Child Benefit; or
b) you or someone living in your household has one of the medical conditions listed below that means they use a lot of extra water;
• Desquamation (flaky skin disease)
• Weeping skin disease (eczema, psoriasis, varicose ulceration)
• Abdominal stoma
• Crohn’s disease
• Ulcerative colitis
• Renal failure requiring home dialysis (except where the health authority contributes to the cost of the dialysis)
• another medical condition which requires the use of significant additional water and can be supported with a doctor’s certificate
For this years reduced charges please refer to your site's Scheme of Charges alternatively please contact a member of our customer service team.
If your current charges are more than this, you may be entitled to pay the reduced charge. Once on the scheme, if your actual metered bill is lower than the reduced charge, we will only charge you the lower amount.
Please note: you do not qualify for the scheme if you water your garden with a non-handheld appliance such as a sprinkler or domestic irrigation system or if you have an auto-fill swimming pool or pond with a capacity of over 10,000 litres.
To apply, please contact our Customer Services Team