Water Redress Scheme (WATRS) to launch on the 1st April 2015.
WATRS is a voluntary alternative dispute resolution scheme to help address the very small number of customer complaints that remain unresolved. WATRS is designed to provide an independent, impartial and easy to use alternative to going to Court or a Tribunal.
We have signed up to the scheme’s commitments which are set out below. A full copy of the Scheme Rules can be found here: www.watrs.org/commitments.
- Commitment to provide WATRS free of charge to customers;
- Commitment to support the principles set out in the ADR Specification;
- Commitment to respect the independence of WATRS;
- Commitment to be bound by decision of the WATRS’ adjudicator if accepted by customer and to implement decision as required by Scheme Rules;
- Commitment to co-operate with and have due regard to the recommendations of the ADR Panel;
- Commitment to provide accurate and reliable information to and co-operate with the WATRS’ adjudicators.